Employment Opportunity: Just Food
Contract position; funded annually; required roughly 1 week per month; potential to increase over time.
Build community capacity to support community gardening; increase opportunities to participate in community gardening through the creation of 6 new gardens in 2011. General Duties:
1. Administer Grant program
2. Secure funding for programming
3. Deliver supports to new garden leaders
4. Provide general program support
Starting Date: February, 2011
Annual contract estimate: $15,000
The Candidate: The successful candidate will be outgoing, and possess the following Qualities and Training:
1. Community development or community building experience
2. Understanding of organizations: public and private
3. Some program experience
4. Growing food experience (not necessarily “horticultural”)
5. Ability to work flexible hours with peak intensities throughout the year
6. Access to a vehicle (a mileage policy is in place).
To Apply: Submit résumé and cover letter to email@example.com January 7, 2011. Please note: only the successful candidate will be notified. We thank all applicants for their interest.
See the website for further information: www.edmcommunitygardens.org