|Alyson, Rodney, and Kathy Cottee think about recycling|
Kathy mentioned the 3 biggest problems for her staff. Here's how to help them out:
- Medical Waste - Can be safely disposed of at any local pharmacy.
- Pantyhose - Gets stretched and jams the machinery. Cut them up.
- VHS Tape - Gets caught up in conveyor belts and jams up machinery. Movies can be donated to many charities (see edmonton.ca/reusedirectory). Throw VHS tapes that can't be reused in the garbage, but you can tape them up. This helps make sure that they don't unroll.
Evening at a Glance
|As always, we can count on a delicious spread . Luckily, many MCRs also happen to be skilled in the kitchen|
|Some dishes are extra creative, Laurie Taylor put peas in her muffins. Surprisingly scrumptious|
|Kathy accepts a few Fruits of Sherbrook jams as a thank you|
|Two Karen's in the audience; Karen Kennedy on the left with her daughter, and Karen Lewis-Caron on the right|
|Rodney leads us through a few activities|
|Trudy, Mary-Jo, Alessandra, Elsie, and Will rack their brains as part of the challenge|
|Garry checking out MCR highlights of 2012|
- Alyson, Herb, Christine, Cathie, Andrew, and Su for helping with set-up and clean-up.
- Kathy Cottee for telling her story with Quality One and the people who sort our waste.
- Cloverdale Community League for a great space to have our potluck.
- Monique for suggesting Cloverdale Community Hall on the MCR facebook group.
- (Brenda, Jayne, Megan, Laurie, Karen, Hannah, and Pamela for suggesting other great venues.)
- Edmonton Valley Zoo, John Janzen Nature Centre, Community Services, The Reuse Centre, and Waste Management Services, and Mark (our favourite Compost Education Coordinator) for donating door prizes.