Friday, March 11, 2011

Be Inspired by a Canadian Icon...

Please post on the blog, this might be of interest to the group.
David Suzuki, scientist, educator, broadcaster and activist, delivers what he describes as 'a last lecture' interwoven with scenes from his life and lifetime. Sunday March 13 at 8 pm on CBC-TV, repeating Sunday April 3 at 10 pm ET/PT on CBC News Network
Thanks,
Tracy

Thanks Tracy. I remember as a youth watching "The Nature of Things" on CBC. It is one of the things that started me on my journey of leaving this planet cleaner than I found it.

Remembering the effect that those programs had on me, I am not surprised that today I am a near-ganic, flexitarian, waste reducing, proponent for social shift.

Ya' know, it was not until University, when I began having face-to-face conversations with real people, that I was motivated to act. As inspired as I was by Suzuki, it was one-on-one conversation that led me to make a public committment to change.

I hope each of us realizes that we can be just as powerful an agent for change as he is; our small efforts can and do change lives.

Your email also led me to discover that I can watch shows again online!
Be INSPIRED by an Icon, and then INSPIRE like an MC/RV!

No comments:

Post a Comment